Bermondsey Borough Council / Vestry
Group From 1855 To 1965
The Vestry of Bermondsey was incorporated in 1855. In 1889 it became part of the County of London and then in 1900 the Vestries of Bermondsey and Rotherhithe were joined to form the Metropolitan Borough of Bermondsey. In 1965 that was abolished and the area became part of the London Borough of Southwark.