Designed by Walter Epps. It was intended to stand 'as a memorial to the enterprise and loyalty of the inhabitants of Bexleyheath'. Our picture shows the tower in 1912.
In 1856 this building was purchased by the Vestry Council of St Margaret and St John in Westminster to provide premises for a public library as described in the 1855 Public Libraries Act, thus beat...
607 more subjects