Founded by wealthy German businessmen and artisans who left the City of London for the relative peace of Forest Hill. Temporary accommodation was used from 1875 until this pictured church was built. It suffered bomb damage during WW2 and was demolished in 1950. Rebuilt in 1959, it was renamed the Dietrich Bonhoeffer Kirche, after the pastor who had preached there from 1933 -1935.
Location: Dacres Road, opposite the junction with Inglemere Road.
See St Pauls for an overview of the history of the German Evangelical Reformed Church.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk