Plaque: St Olav's Church - 1992
Erection date: 1/11/1992
King Harald V og Dronning Sonja
Til minne om deres forste besok som Norges Konge og Dronning.
Allehelgensdag 1 November 1992
King Harald V and Queen Sonja
In memory of their first visit as King and Queen of Norway.
All Saints' Day 1 November 1992
Harold had been king for less than two years when this visit was made.
Site: St Olav's Church (8 memorials)
SE16, St Olav's Square
St Olav's Church was designed by John Love Seaton Dahl. Crown Prince Olav was present at the laying of the foundation stone, 1926, and then at the consecration, 1927. During WW2 this was the church used by King Haakon VII and the Norwegian government in exile. It is one of over 30 churches around the world run by the Norwegian Church Abroad, also known as The Norwegian Seamen’s Church.
The Ebenezer Church plaque is in the garden in front of the church in the centre of the northern wall.
The Fallen plaque is laid into the ground of the garden, at the foot of the WW1 memorial.
The three 'St Olav' plaques are attached low on the west front of the building.
At Surrey Docks we have an 1889 map which shows the road layouts before the Rotherhithe Tunnel roundabout arrived.