Plaque: Ebenezer Church - Prince Oscar
Erection date: 26/7/1871
Denne Crundsten blev lact af H. K. H. Prinds Oscar den 26th July 1871. Eben Ezer 1 Sam. 7.12.
This foundation stone was laid by Prince Oscar on 26 July 1871.
This is the foundation stone from the Norwegian church that preceded St Olavs, at another site.
Site: St Olav's Church (8 memorials)
SE16, St Olav's Square
St Olav's Church was designed by John Love Seaton Dahl. Crown Prince Olav was present at the laying of the foundation stone, 1926, and then at the consecration, 1927. During WW2 this was the church used by King Haakon VII and the Norwegian government in exile. It is one of over 30 churches around the world run by the Norwegian Church Abroad, also known as The Norwegian Seamen’s Church.
The Ebenezer Church plaque is in the garden in front of the church in the centre of the northern wall.
The Fallen plaque is laid into the ground of the garden, at the foot of the WW1 memorial.
The three 'St Olav' plaques are attached low on the west front of the building.