Erection date: 26/6/1977
Kronprins Olav var tilstede ved kirkens innvielse,
26 Juni 1927
Kong Olav V
Beaeret Kirken med sitt naervaer under 50 arsjubileet
26 Juni 1977
Crown Prince Olav was present at the inauguration of the church,
26 June 1927
King Olav V honoured the Church with his presence at its 50th anniversary.
26 June 1977
Site: St Olav's Church (8 memorials)
SE16, St Olav's Square
St Olav's Church was designed by John Love Seaton Dahl. Crown Prince Olav was present at the laying of the foundation stone, 1926, and then at the consecration, 1927. During WW2 this was the church used by King Haakon VII and the Norwegian government in exile. It is one of over 30 churches around the world run by the Norwegian Church Abroad, also known as The Norwegian Seamen’s Church.
The Ebenezer Church plaque is in the garden in front of the church in the centre of the northern wall.
The Fallen plaque is laid into the ground of the garden, at the foot of the WW1 memorial.
The three 'St Olav' plaques are attached low on the west front of the building.
At Surrey Docks we have an 1889 map which shows the road layouts before the Rotherhithe Tunnel roundabout arrived.