Erection date: 1896
Rex Henricus Tertius
The building Henry clutches represents the House of the Converts which he built on this site in 1253. This was needed to house the Jews who had converted to Christianity and simultaneous forfeited all they owned. Following the expulsion in 1290 this was what Jews had to do to be allowed to stay in the country.
Site: Old Public Record Office - 2 kings (2 memorials)
WC2, Chancery Lane, Maughan Library of King's College, ex-PRO
Our photo shows the archway holding the two kings with Chancery Lane beyond. This extension to the building is by Sir John Taylor, 1891-96.
See Old Public Record Office - 4 queens - for more info about the building.
We did not see the royal names ourselves and so could not ID the kings but Philip Ward-Jackson's magnificent 'Public Sculpture of the City of London' gave us the inscriptions. Edward is above Henry.