Statue: Maughan - Edward III
Erection date: 1896
Rex Edwardus Tertius
By 1377 the House of Converts, on this site, was largely unused so the king, Edward III, gave it to the Keeper of the Rolls of Chancery and it was used to store the 'rolls' (legal archive) and later became known as the Public Record Office.
Site: Old Public Record Office - 2 kings (2 memorials)
WC2, Chancery Lane, Maughan Library of King's College, ex-PRO
Our photo shows the archway holding the two kings with Chancery Lane beyond. This extension to the building is by Sir John Taylor, 1891-96.
See Old Public Record Office - 4 queens - for more info about the building.
We did not see the royal names ourselves and so could not ID the kings but Philip Ward-Jackson's magnificent 'Public Sculpture of the City of London' gave us the inscriptions. Edward is above Henry.