Tower Hill Improvement Trust
Group From /12/1933
Created by Tubby Clayton, Dr B R Leftwich, Lord Wakefield and Sir Follett Holt. Purpose: to improve Tower Hill by removing from it certain ugly buildings which at that time disfigured it and hampered its use. The photo, from their website, shows one of these buildings, the Myer’s tea warehouse which stood on the open space where Holt's plaque is sited. The Trust also created Tower Beach which was very popular until water pollution became an issue and it was closed in 1971.