Architect, jeweler and designer. A leading figure in the British Arts & Crafts movement.
Born near Liverpool. Trained with and worked in John Sedding's practice. Taught at the Central School of Arts and Craft. Joined the Art Workers Guild in 1892 and become Master there in 1917. First editor of The Architectural Review 1896 - 1901. Emigrated to France in 1922 and died there at Menton, 5 days short of his 60th birthday.
His works in London include: Holy Trinity Sloane Street (following Sedding's death); Church of our Most Holy Redeemer in Exeter Market; Public Library in Ladbroke Grove; St Peter's Church in Ealing; St Augustine of Canterbury Church N4.
We could find no picture of Wilson so here is one of his rather luscious pieces of jewellery instead.