Architects. Architects of Greater Manchester has an entry for this organisation specifying that the architects department was formed in 1832 and dissolved in 1940.
Scottish Architects describes it as an Architectural practice, later known as Ministry of Works (from 1943), Ministry of Public Building and Works (from1962), absorbed into the Department of the Environment in 1970, although most Works functions were transferred to the Property Services Agency (PSA), which was created as an autonomous agency in 1972.
Offices in Edinburgh, London, Bristol and Manchester.
There is an associated WW1 war memorial in the parkside entrance of HM Treasury building, Parliament Street.