Married the daughter of the architect, William Curtis Green, who in the 1930s took Lloyd into the practice that he had founded in 1898. The style was initially heavily influenced by Edwin Lutyens and Arts and Crafts. The firm also built Fortress House in Savile Row. Lloyd's son carried on the firm and went on to become Sam Lloyd, the architect of the Founders' Hall.
Our colleague Andrew Behan has kindly researched this man: William Antony Sampson Lloyd was born on 21 April 1900 in Ootacamund, Southern India, the eldest of the three sons of Ernest Sampson Lloyd (1870-1945) and Mary Lloyd née Young (1875-1953). His father was employed in the Indian Civil Service. On 28 June 1900 he was baptised in Bellary, Madras, India. The 1901 census shows him living with his mother and her parents at his grandfather's home at The Manor House, Hadzor, Droitwich, Worcestershire. His two siblings were Philip Montague Lloyd (1902-1971) and Charles Christopher Lloyd (1906-1986).
The 1911 census shows him residing as a pupil, with his younger brother, Philip, at The Wells House, Malvern Wells, Worcestershire. Later educated at Rugby and Christ's College, Cambridge, on 30 August 1918 he was selected to undergo a course of instruction in an Officer Cadet Unit. On 4 September 1918 he was enlisted in the 5th Reserve Battalion, Worcestershire Regiment, service number 66663, and was attached to No.6 Officer Cadet Battalion at Balliol College, Oxford. He gave his occupation as a Student and his home address as The Hill, Caversham, Berkshire. He was discharged on demobilisation on 31 March 1920.
He and his parents are shown as arriving at Plymouth, Devon, having travelled from Calcutta, India, aboard the S.S. Morvada. Both he and his father are shown as Indian Civil Servants and their home address remained The Hill, Caversham. The 1926 and 1927 Electoral Registers shows him at 39 Horseferry Road, London, S.W.1. On 28 September 1927 he married Margaret Elizabeth Green (1904-1981) at Kensington. She was a daughter of the architect, William Curtis Green. They had two children, Elizabeth Jane Lloyd (1928-1995) and Jeremy Sampson Lloyd (1930-2009) (see below). Electoral Registers for 1929 and 1930 show that they lived at 34 St Peter's Square, Hammersmith, and the registers from 1931 onward show that they had moved to 53 Strand-on-the-Green, Chiswick, where they remained for the rest of his life.
He went into partnership with William Curtis Green and their architectural offices were at 5 Pickering Place, London, S,W.1. The London Gazette of 23 October 1939 confirmed his appointment as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Royal Engineers, service number 99242, with effect from 16 September 1939. He died, aged 73 years, on 28 February 1974 in Chiswick. Probate records show that his estate totalled £51,696.