Plaque: St Clement Danes
Erection date: 19/10/1958
St. Clement Danes
Built by the Danish community in the ninth century and rebuilt by William the Conqueror. Built again by Sir Christopher Wren in 1681, the steeple added by James Gibbs in 1719. Gutted by German incendiary bombs leaving only the damaged walls and steeple 10 May 1941. Adopted in 1956 by the Royal Air Force. Restored by Antony Lloyd and reconsecrated in the presence of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, 19 October 1958 as the Central Church of the Royal Air Force.
Site: Johnson, Reader & others (4 memorials)
WC2, Fleet Street
This small area contain 4 memorials: a statue, a bench a well and a large plaque.