Credit for this entry to:Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk
Church. Originally a small chapel built outside the walls of Barking Abbey. Altered and enlarged in the 15th and 16th centuries. Captain Cook was married here in 1762.
See other memorials in this area
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Margaret's Barking
Barking Abbey Was founded by St Erkenwald in the year 666. Destroyed by the D...
This section lists other interesting subjects.
Burnt at the stake in Bow (or possibly Stratford) for his Protestant beliefs.
Catholic priest. Born Roussel Davids Byles in Leeds. He was ordained in 1902,...
The AJR provides an extensive range of social and welfare services, and grant...
The original Austin Friars monestery dates from about 1250. In 1550 Edward VI...
Founder of the Society of St. John the Evangelist, popularly known as the Cow...
Register to receive email updates whenever we publish new memorials.
Browse all 4,518 locations of memorials in and around London
12,210 brave WW1 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.
23,831 brave WW2 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.