Place From 1541 To 1930
St Saviours is a former civil parish. Created from the union of the parishes of St Margaret and St Mary Magdalene. In 1855 it was grouped with Southwark Christchurch into the St Saviour's District. It became part of the County of London in 1889, and was eventually absorbed by Southwark. Until 1905, Southwark Cathedral was known as St Saviour's Church.