We have decoded the following from British History On-line Opened 1836 as Highbury Vale School with 102 middle school pupils. 1864 the site was enlarged and the school rebuilt as Christ Church National Schools taking boys, girls and infants. 1883 handed over to new church of St. John's. 1884 a new room for infants was built and the next year the boys and girls schools were enlarged. The LCC required thorough repairs in 1908. Playgrounds were added in 1934 and 1937. 1947-51 it was reorganised as a voluntary-aided Church of England Primary school. A new infant block was provided in 1982 when the roll totalled 210.
The school now (2020) uses a combination of previous names: St John's Highbury Vale Primary School.