Coborn Girls School
Group From 1701
From the picture source website: "Prisca Coborn, the widow of a brewer, founded a School for both boys and girls in 1701, as a result of the terms of her will published in the year of her death. The School was first housed in a site east of Bow Church, but it soon moved to a site between the Church and Bow Bridge. In 1814 the School moved to a site bounded by Old Ford Road and Fairfield Road, part of which was later to become the Bryant and May match factory (now a housing development), visible from the Eastern Region railway line into Liverpool Street.
In 1870 the School moved to the site in Tredegar Square, later to be occupied by the Coopers' Boys' School. In 1891 the two Foundations were united. As the boys moved to Tredegar Square, Coborn, now an all-girls' school, moved to 86 Bow Road. In 1898 this school was relocated at 29-31 Bow Road, where it remained until the move to Upminster."