Building From 1814
A Grade II listed building formerly known as Kings Coppice. It may have taken its name from Edward King who was a tenant of Dulwich manor in the sixteenth century. Between 1811 and 1814, William Vizard, Queen Caroline's solicitor built Kingswood Lodge, which was later re-named Kingswood House. John Lawson Johnston the inventor of Bovril bought it in 1891, after which it was dubbed 'Bovril Castle'. The buildiing was acquired by compulsory purchase for the London County Council in 1956, and is now used for conferences, meetings, and civil marriages.