mobile nav

Subject

Haberdashers' Hall

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Haberdashers' Hall

Building  From 1458  To 1996

Categories: Liveries & Guilds

The headquarters of the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers. Their first hall was located on the corner of Staining Lane and Maiden Lane (now Gresham Street). It was destroyed in the Great Fire of London. A second hall (pictured) was built on the same site between 1667-71 and stood until 1940, when it burnt down after an air raid. The third hall (again on the same site) was opened in June 1956. In 1996 the company moved to temporary offices in Bartholomew Close, while it acquired a site in West Smithfield on which its new hall was opened in 2002.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Haberdashers' Hall

Information Commemorated at

74637

Haberdashers' Hall

Site of the Haberdashers' Hall, 1458 - 1996. City of London

Read More