The headquarters of the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers. Their first hall was located on the corner of Staining Lane and Maiden Lane (now Gresham Street). It was destroyed in the Great Fire of London. A second hall (pictured) was built on the same site between 1667-71 and stood until 1940, when it burnt down after an air raid. The third hall (again on the same site) was opened in June 1956. In 1996 the company moved to temporary offices in Bartholomew Close, while it acquired a site in West Smithfield on which its new hall was opened in 2002.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk