mobile nav

Subject

Worshipful Company of Founders

Group  From 1365 

Founders were workers in brass and brass alloys or tinplate. They made small objects such as candlesticks and weights and measures.

From their website: "Today ... the Founders' Company continues to support research and education in related disciplines and in industry, and fulfills {sic} its role in supporting the City of London. The Company also helps to promote technical education and research in areas relevant to the foundry industry and awards bursaries, and scholarships, to students. Support for education is also given at secondary schools with which the Company has close historical ties."

The first hall, on a site in Lothbury still known as Founders Court, was opened in 1549. Lost in the 1666 Great Fire this was rebuilt, and rebuilt again in 1845. In 1964 they moved to a building in St. Swithin's Lane and then in 1987 moved to their purpose-built Hall in Cloth Fair.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Worshipful Company of Founders

Information Creations

Founders' Hall - Cloth Fair, plaque with crest

Founders Hall, 1 Cloth Fair The Worshipful Company of Founders, Award of Hon...

Read More