Deptford Trinity Almshouses
Building From 1670 To 1877
The almshouses were built on land given by Sir Richard Browne, Master of the Corporation, near St Nicholas' Church. The body responsible for licensing Thames pilots, Trinity House was also a guild whose services to members included providing housing for the needy. These 56 residences were specifically for 'decayed masters and commanders of ships, mates, and pilots, and their wives or widows'.
Not to be confused with the splendid Trinity Green Almshouses.