County Borough of West Ham
Place From 1886 To 1965
Former outer London borough. It included Plaistow, West Ham, Stratford, Canning Town, Silvertown and the current Borough of Newham west of Green Street. It was amalgamated with other areas to form the London Borough of Newham.
The photo shows the proud 37 members of the first West Ham Borough Council, 1886-7.