Erection date: 1885
Town Hall Extension, 1885. George Rivett, Esq., Chairman of the Local Board.
Lewis Angell - Architect
M. A. Palmer & Co - Builders
Site: Old Town Hall Stratford (2 memorials)
E15, West Ham Lane
The blue Parson plaque is on the north facade. The 1885 extension plaque is on West Ham Lane, the east side of the building (not in our photo), in a recess, a filled-in ground floor window.
Stratford Town Hall, designed by John Giles and Lewis Angell, was built in 1869. Speel regrets the loss of the roof-top statuary.
The 1885 extension looks like it extended the original building to the south. This extension is often confused with the construction of the court house in a separate building to the south at the same time. At this time Stratford became part of the County Borough of West Ham.