Plaque: County Borough of West Ham - crest
Erection date: 1906
'Deo Confidimus' means 'In god we trust'.
Site: West Ham tram and bus depot (3 memorials)
E13, Greengate Street, 90
In our photo the foundation stone can be seen behind the railings, below the left-hand ground floor window.
This 1906 building was the Headquarters of West Ham Corporation tramways. The tram and bus depot occupied the site immediately north of this building, now housing on Gad Close and Routemaster Close.