Building From 1671
John Marshall provided in his will for the building of a church. Christchurch was built in 1671 at what is now 27 Blackfriars Road. Built on marshy ground it had to be totally rebuilt in 1738-41 (see picture). It then survived until being badly bombed in 1941 and re-built again in 1958-60. The charity still owns and runs it.
Our picture comes from the church's modern information board (hence the muck).