Brown Lenox & Co
Group From 1803
Created as Brown & Co, by Samuel Brown, a Naval Captain. Became Brown Lenox & Co in 1828 following Brown going into partnership with his cousin, Samuel Lenox in 1806. The West Ferry Road works were opened in 1812 and large works in Pontypridd in 1816 (closed in 2000 and demolished).
From GLIAS: "Brown, in about 1812, made a large testing or 'proofing' machine, at his manufactory at Mill Wall, more than 50 years before Kirkaldy built his still famous machine."