mobile nav

Subject

Beth Holim / Spanish and Portuguese Jewish hospital

Group  From 1748 

Categories: Medicine

This institution, Beth Holim, originated in Leman Street in 1748, moving to Mile End, the site of what is now Albert Stern House, in 1790.  The site was already in use as a Jewish women’s hospital and had been since at least 1665.  In 1977 Beth Holim moved to Forty Avenue Wembley, where it still is, 2013.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Beth Holim / Spanish and Portuguese Jewish hospital

Information Commemorated at

66081

Spanish and Portuguese Jews - 1

This building, erected in 1912, formerly housed the Beth Holim, or hospital, ...

Read More

66091

Spanish and Portuguese Jews - 2

The Jewish calendar has a different start year (hence the "5425 - 1665") 3,76...

Read More

66101

Spanish and Portuguese Jews Hospital - foundation

This stone was laid by Edward Lumbrozo Mocatta Esqre. Treasurer on 9 Adar (Ri...

Read More