Beth Holim / Spanish and Portuguese Jewish hospital
Group From 1748
This institution, Beth Holim, originated in Leman Street in 1748, moving to Mile End, the site of what is now Albert Stern House, in 1790. The site was already in use as a Jewish women’s hospital and had been since at least 1665. In 1977 Beth Holim moved to Forty Avenue Wembley, where it still is, 2013.