Early-mid 19th century pair of terraced houses, now Grade II Listed. From 1945 on this property has had a chequered career.
Lome House was approved for the education and training of girls sent there in pursuance of the Children and Young Persons Act, 1933, on 8 February 1945. But Lost Hospitals of London report: "In 1952 Lorne House, at 126-128 Lower Clapton Road, was converted for use as a Nurses' Home with 24 rooms, and a Training Centre. At this time, a 'home birth' service was established."
Re-opened as Lorne House, 6 June 1989, probably a hostel / rehab. centre.
The Huffington Post reported a fire in August 2012 in this disused hostel which left 1 dead and 3 injured.
November 2012 the two properties were auctioned by Guinness Trust: "Now vacant and part fire damaged but most recently used as a rehabilitation centre opened by HRH Princess Diana in 1989." "With potential for residential conversion."
Spring 2016: this property appears to be private flats.