Erection date: 17/10/1986
After renovation in 1985 initiated by Canon John Longstaff and completed by Canon Michael Richards, rectors of St Mary's, St Joseph's Cottages were re-opened on 17 October 1986 by Cardinal Basil Hume OSB, Archbishop of Westminster.
Site: St Joseph's Cottages (2 memorials)
SW3, Cadogan Street
Prior to about 1840 this site was occupied by Wellington Cricket Ground. The almshouses were built as part of a complex of buildings including St Joseph's Primary School and St Mary's Church. London Gardens Online has more about the site and the various buildings, but we think they are wrong in connecting the site with Lords Cricket Ground.
The two plaques are either side of the porte-cochère.