Plaque: St Joseph's Cottages - Cashman
Erection date: 12/7/1966
St Joseph's Cottages, built by the generosity of Joseph and Mary Knight 1850, reconstructed by Bishop David Cashman, rector of St Mary's 1958 - 1965, solemnly blessed by Cardinal John Heenan, Archbishop of Westminster 12 July 1966.
Site: St Joseph's Cottages (2 memorials)
SW3, Cadogan Street
Prior to about 1840 this site was occupied by Wellington Cricket Ground. The almshouses were built as part of a complex of buildings including St Joseph's Primary School and St Mary's Church. London Gardens Online has more about the site and the various buildings, but we think they are wrong in connecting the site with Lords Cricket Ground.
The two plaques are either side of the porte-cochère.