Erection date: 23/4/1929
This stone was laid by Mrs Stanley Baldwin, wife of the Prime Minister, on St George's Day, 1929.
Only a foundation stone but the delightful carved border means that we'd collect this plaque whatever it commemorated.
Site: Kingsgate Community Centre (2 memorials)
NW6, Kingsgate Road, 105 to 107, Kingsgate Community Centre
Camden's local list gives some of the history of this site. It dates the corner building as 1871 - 1894 and "The original entrance has been blocked. Between 1914 and 1935 St Georges Hall to the north on Kingsgate Road, the link with the original building, and the entrance structure on Dynham Road were added, possibly at the same time as repairs were carried out to the original building, prompting" the unusual gable inscription.