Plaque: 70th Anniversary of Goodenough College
Erection date: 4/11/2001
This tablet was unveiled by Her Majesty the Queen to mark the 70th Anniversary of this institution and its re-naming as Goodenough College, 14th November 2001.
Site: London House - WC1 (5 memorials)
WC1, Mecklenburgh Square
The building was erected 1935 -63, designed by Sir Herbert Baker and Scott and their successor Helbing. These memorials are all inside what is normally a private quadrangle but we managed to gain access on the weekend of the 2007 Open Squares Event.
The 70th anniversary plaque can be seen from outside, peering through the gate, on the left. The armillary sphere is in the quadrangle, on the north side, directly in line with the gate. The bust is on the south façade, the clock in the north west corner, the Latin text on the east façade.
Our picture of the building, taken from the Goodenough College website, is of one of the Queen's visits.