mobile nav

Subject

Victoria & Albert Museum

Building  From 22/6/1857 

Categories: Museums / Libraries

The South Kensington Museum opened on this site in 1857. It expanded and was renamed the Victoria & Albert Museum in 1899. A further expansion by Aston Webb opened in 1909.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Victoria & Albert Museum

Information Commemorated at

44936

Sir Henry Cole - SW7

English Heritage Sir Henry Cole, 1808 - 1882, campaigner and educator, first...

Read More

44979

V&A façade foundation stone, Edward

This building, being the completion of the Victoria and Albert Museum, was op...

Read More

44980

V&A façade foundation stone, Victoria

This was the Queen's last official appearance. Via Londonist we found this V&...

Read More

76079

War damage at V&A

The text is engraved on the wall at the new (2017) entrance in Exhibition Roa...

Read More