In 1720 the old church was demolished, all but the clock tower, and rebuilt, incorporating the tower. 1793 the church was enlarged to accommodate the increased congregation, extending 25 feet to the west.
The widening of Newington Butts road necessitated the demolition of the church in 1876. A new church, with the same name, was constructed in Kennington Park Road to replace the old one.
The image is dated 1750 so it shows the church which was built in 1720, incorporating the clock tower from an earlier church, and before the church was enlarged. The enlarged version is shown on the excellent London Details page about this church.