St Mary Rotherhithe Free School
Place From 1613
Charity school. Co-founded by Robert Bell and Peter Hill for the education of the sons of seafarers. It was originally located next to the church of St Mary the Virgin and moved across the road in 1697 into the building with the scholar statues. It is thought to be the oldest elementary school in London.
The school was evacuated in 1939 but apparently still exists in Salter Road and we think it might be Peter Hills School.