Bedford College for Women, University of London
Group From 1849
Founded by Elizabeth Jesser Reid as the Ladies College, the first higher education college for women. In 1900 it became part of the University of London and in 1913 moved to larger purpose built premises in Regent's Park. 1965 it became co-educational. 1985 it merged with Royal Holloway College and moved to Egham.