mobile nav

Memorial

St Mary Rotherhithe Free School St Mary Rotherhithe Free School and watch-house

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Plaque: St Mary Rotherhithe Free School

Inscription

{On the plaque between the two charity scholars:}
St Mary Rotherhithe free school founded by Peter Hill and Robert Bell Esqrs. 1613. Charity school instituted 1742, removed here 1797, supported by voluntary contributions.

Site: St Mary Rotherhithe Free School and watch-house (4 memorials)

SE16, St Marychurch Street, 70

The watch-house is the low building to the right of the one with the scholar statues.  the blue plaque you can just see to the left is for Reverend Nicholas Richards and has its own entry.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
St Mary Rotherhithe Free School

Information Subjects commemorated

50921

Charity scholars

Looking at London has a page about these little blue people but even there we...

Read More

50534

Robert Bell

Elizabethan seafarer. With Peter Hill he co-founded the St Mary Rotherhithe F...

Read More

50534

Peter Hill

Elizabethan seafarer. With Robert Bell he co-founded the St Mary Rotherhithe ...

Read More

50535

St Mary Rotherhithe Free School

Charity school. Co-founded by Robert Bell and Peter Hill for the education of...

Read More

This section lists the other memorials at the same location as the memorial on this page:
St Mary Rotherhithe Free School

Information Also at this site