St John's Clerkenwell graveyard & garden
Place From 1714 To 1814
In 1714 John Michele gave the ground to St John’s Church in St John’s Square for use as a graveyard. About 100 years later the church donated the graveyard as a public garden. The north side of Benjamin Street used to be lined with buildings making the burial ground an enclosed square.