Architect, garden designer and author. Born Devon. Followed his uncle, Sir Arthur Blomfield, into architecture.
Buildings include: United University Club (1906), south-east corner of Suffolk Street; Kinnaird House (1915), immediately opposite on the south-west corner; Lambeth Bridge (1929-32); the remodelling of Regent Street.
One of the four principal architects of the Imperial War Graves Commission (which became the Commonwealth War Graves Commission in 1960), the others being: Lutyens, Sir Herbert Baker and Charles Holden.
In his role at the Imperial War Graves Commission he designed the Cross of Sacrifice, which was was erected in Commonwealth cemeteries where there are more than 40 war burials, including those in the UK. The design was also used in some non-cemetery memorials in the UK, e.g. Highgate School and the Chelsea memorial.