Building   

St Barthomews Hospital - East wing

Categories: Medicine

Building

Placed at the service of the war office during the Great War and was occupied by sick and wounded soldiers of the British Expeditionary Forces from October 1914 until the 31st January 1918. 5406 soldiers were passed through the ward.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Barthomews Hospital - East wing

Commemorated ati

Bart's - East Building

This inscription records the fact that this wing of the hospital was placed a...

Read More

Other Subjects

Dr William Henry Walter

Dr William Henry Walter

Medical doctor and member of Brentford Council in 1909.

Person, Medicine, Politics & Administration

1 memorial
Kensington Wells

Kensington Wells

In 1696 a mineral spring was discovered on the site, and the Kensington Wells developed from it. The first building to be erected at the spring was the Wells spa, which operated until the mid 18th...

Place, Commerce, Medicine

1 memorial
Annette Mendelsohn

Annette Mendelsohn

Child & adolescent psychotherapist.  Born in London to a Belgian Jewish refugee mother. First a teacher to people with learning difficulties, then a dancer, then a career in psychotherapy.  Mar...

Person, Medicine

1 memorial
Brown Dog

Brown Dog

Brown mongrel/terrier male dog of about 6kg used in a vivisection in December 1902 and again, twice, on 2 February 1903 at University College, immediately after which he was killed. For more inform...

Animal, Animals, Medicine

2 memorials
James Lind

James Lind

Born Edinburgh. Specialised in medical treatment for the navy and in treating scurvy.Not to be confused with another Scots medical John Lind, born 20 years later.

Person, Armed Forces, Medicine, Scotland

1 memorial