Plaque: Bart's - East Building
This inscription records the fact that this wing of the hospital was placed at the service of the war office during the Great War and was occupied by sick and wounded soldiers of the British Expeditionary Forces from October 1914 until the 31st January 1918. 5406 soldiers were passed through the ward.
Treasurer Viscount Sandhurst (Lord Chamberlain)
Site: Bart's - East Building (1 memorial)
EC1, St Bartholomew's Hospital, East Building
This building faces onto the central courtyard.