mobile nav

Subject

Royal Military Academy

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Royal Military Academy

Building  From 1741  To 1939

Categories: Armed Forces, Education

Founded as an academy for the training of commissioned officers of the Royal Artillery and Royal Engineers. Originally located in a converted workshop of the Royal Arsenal and so popularly known as 'The Shop'. In 1796 a new building at Woolwich Common (pictured) was designed by James Wyatt and occupied until 1939 when the Academy moved to Sandhurst. The pictured building has been converted into apartments.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Royal Military Academy

Information Commemorated at

76209

Royal Military Academy - original plaque

The Royal Military Academy, 1720, attributed to Sir John Vanbrugh. Built on t...

Read More

76211

Royal Regiment of Artillery - replacement plaque

{Beneath the Royal Artillery badge with the motto Ubique Quo Fas et Gloria Du...

Read More