Royal Military Academy
Building From 1741 To 1939
Founded as an academy for the training of commissioned officers of the Royal Artillery and Royal Engineers. Originally located in a converted workshop of the Royal Arsenal and so popularly known as 'The Shop'. In 1796 a new building at Woolwich Common (pictured) was designed by James Wyatt and occupied until 1939 when the Academy moved to Sandhurst. The pictured building has been converted into apartments.