Built to the order of the Master-General of the Ordnance. Up to 1844 security at Royal Arsenal was provided by the Royal Artillery. Guard duties were then shared with ;the Metropolitan Police who took full responsibility in 1861. In 1927 the War Department Constabulary, now the Ministry of Defence Police, took over.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk