Navy Office, Seething Lane
Building From 1656 To 1788
Built on the site of Walsingham's mansion, this was the Navy Office in which Samuel Pepys lived and worked. Survived the Great Fire partly due to Pepys' efforts. Destroyed by another fire in 1673 (where was Pepys?), rebuilt 1674-5 and demolished in 1788 when the office moved to Somerset House. The site was then occupied by warehouses for the East India Company.