Plaque: Royal Arsenal Main Guardhouse
The Main Guardhouse, 1788. Built to the order of the Master-General of the Ordnance. Up to 1844 security at Royal Arsenal was provided by the Army, then by the Metropolitan Police until the War Department Constabulary, now the Ministry of Defence Police, took over in 1927.
Site: Royal Arsenal Main Guardhouse (1 memorial)
SE18, Number One Street, Woolwich Arsenal