Group    From 1996  To /3/2007

Pool of London Partnership

From City of London : The Pool of London Partnership was established in 1996 and operated in an area stretching East from London Bridge to the Butler's Wharf / St. Katherine's Dock area and included the communities in North Southwark and the Wapping area of Tower Hamlets.

This booklet gives some of the background to the developments in this area.  The little map at the top is helpful.

2021: Our colleague, Alan Patient, spotted a replacement 'Great fire of Tooley Street' plaque, now promoting London Bridge City. Seems likely they are replacing all the plaques as they roll out this new branding. They probably have greater resources for creating these plaques than we have for collecting them.

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Pool of London Partnership

Creations Information

Doctor Alfred Salter - SE1

Alfred Salter Playground Dr Alfred Salter studied medicine at Guy's Hospital ...

Read More

Glaziers Hall

The Glaziers Hall The land in this area formed part of the site of the cloist...

Read More

Great fire of Tooley Street

2021: This plaque has been replaced with a similar plaque, re-branded to prom...

Read More

Great Maze Pond

That's all well and good, but was there a maze? All that text and not a word...

Read More

Guy Street Park

Guy Street Park Originally open fields, the land on which most of Guy Street ...

Read More

Other Subjects

National Provincial Bank

National Provincial Bank

Created by Thomas Joplin (1790?–1847) and George Fife Angas (1789 – 1879) as one of the first joint stock banks with a base in London and provincial branches. The London base was at 15 Bishopsgate...

Group, Commerce

1 memorial
Thomas. J. Barratt

Thomas. J. Barratt

Businessman and historian.  Born 25 Tottenham Place.  1864 joined A & F Pears as a bookkeeper and then married F. Pears's eldest daughter the next year. Historian of Hampstead, author of the 3...

Person, Commerce, History

1 memorial
Moxhay's Hall of Commerce in Threadneedle Street

Moxhay's Hall of Commerce in Threadneedle Street

From British History: The Hall of Commerce, existing some years ago in Threadneedle Street, was begun in 1830 by Mr. Edward Moxhay, a speculative biscuit-baker, on the site of the old French church...

Building, Architecture, Commerce

1 memorial