W. Young & Son
Group From 1750
The Young family began fishing the Thames for whitebait in 1750. In 1811 William Young married Elizabeth Martha who had been selling fish at the Greenwich quayside. They set up a fish shop and the business expanded so that in 1890 they moved their headquarters to London. Gordon and his brothers entered the business in the 1920s and expansion continued. By the 1950s that business had grown to be Britain’s largest fish brand. Reference for Business gives a full history of the company, now Young's Bluecrest Seafood Holdings.